The 2nd Bigelow Canadian Cardiac Surgical Resident Research Competition was held on February 26, 2022. The event featured top-ranked innovative research in cardiac surgery across the country, as well as guest speakers Dr. John S Ikonomidis (Chief of Cardiothoracic Surgery at the University of North Carolina) and Dr. Kimberley Amirault-Ryan (Performance Consultant to the NHL, NBA, and Olympians).
Congratulations to the 2022 award winners:
- CSCS Fan Favorite Award ($1,000): Amine Mazine, Improved Survival After the Ross Procedure
- First Place, Clinical Category ($1,500): Amine Mazine, Improved Survival After the Ross Procedure
- Runner-up, Clinical Category ($1,000): Derrick Tam, PCI vs. CABG for LM
- First Place, Basic/Translational Category ($1,500): Vishnu Vasanathan, Pericardial Biomaterial Delivery
- Runner-up, Basic/Translational Category ($1,000): Keir Forgie, Normothermic Perfusion.